Summer Sessions at PureGym: The soundtrack to your summer
Build the perfect summer workout playlist
As part of our 100 days of summer celebration, we've asked one of our top Personal Trainers for their advice on how to put together the perfect workout playlist of summer beats and infectious bangers.
Dan, Assistant Gym Manager from PureGym Leeds City Centre North has some great advice along with a sunny soundtrack guaranteed to keep you moving all summer long. In fact, why not download Dan's suggestions to help provide the beat to your next workout at the gym! See what he has to say his top tips and his 2017 #SummerSessions playlist...
Every time I decide to make a new playlist, especially in the summer, I always look at incorporating some classic tracks with some of those at the top of the charts currently. Songs like Mama and Unforgettable are both catchy and popular at the moment, which makes for a great choice on any playlist. I then look at choosing some old feel good songs such as Ride With Me, Miami, and Faithful.
From there, I look at combining a mixture of dance songs, different R&B songs, and at times Hip Hop songs. Most people will have slightly different taste in music, and at the end of the day there are plenty of playlists on Apple Music and Spotify to choose from. I personally use Apple Music and tend to look at playlists such as Today’s Hits, Summer Sunshine, Urban Throwback, The A-List: Dance. It’s easy to mix and match songs from these playlists and make your own, but the most important thing is that the tunes keep you motivated and help build a workout experience that you enjoy. Here’s mine…
Dan's 2017 #SummerSessions Playlist
- Still got time (feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR) – ZAYN
- Shed a Light – Robin Schulz, David Guetta, & Cheat codes
- 2U (feat. Justin Bieber) – David Guetta
- Despacito (remix) Feat. Justin Bieber – Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee
- Show You Love (feat. Hailee Steinfeld) – KATO & Sigala
- Unforgettable (feat. Swae Lee) Clean Version – French Montana
- Ride Wit Me – Nelly (Clean Version)
- Mama (feat. William Singe) – Jonas Blue
- Miami – Will Smith
- Be Faithful – Fatman Scoop (Clean Version)
- Adieu (radio edit) – Tchami
- Stole the Show (feat. Parson james) – Kygo
- I feel it coming (feat. Daft punk) – The Weeknd
- Get it together (feat. Black coffee & Jorja Smith) – Drake