Quick 30 minute circuit
If you're short on time, try this 30 minute workout designed to help you get stronger and fitter at the same time. This workout targets your whole body and is suitable for all fitness abilities. Check the work and rest times suitable for you in the workout details below and watch PureGym Insider Marc (@marcpuregym) perform all the exercises in the video below.
30 minute full body circuit
- a pair of dumbbells
- a kettlebell
- a medicine ball
- a weighted plate (alternatively you can use a medicine ball or dumbbell)
Use weights that are appropriate for you. For beginners we suggest using: 4kg dumbbells, 8kg kettlebell, 6kg medicine ball, 5kg plate.
- Dumbbell thrusters - targets full body. Try to be explosive on the way up. Make sure to activate those glutes when squatting and try to maintain good form the entire movement.
- Kettlebell swings - targets full body. Make sure to hinge at hips by pushing your hips back. You want power to primarily come from your hamstrings and glutes, not your arms.
- Renegade rows - targets arms, back and abs. Try to keep your hips parallel to the floor and think about lifting the dumbbell towards your back pocket and not just straight up.
- Alternating battle ropes - targets arms. Maintain a nice straight back when performing this move and stand in a squat stance to keep your balance.
- Med ball slams - targets full body. Instead of dropping the ball with the weight of gravity, think about really slamming the medicine ball into the ground.
- Russian twists with plate - targets abs. Try to maintain a straight back.
Beginners: 30 secs on. 30 seconds rest. Complete 5 rounds.
Intermediate: 45 seconds on. 15 seconds rest. Complete 5 rounds.
Advanced: 60 seconds on each exercise, back-to-back. Complete 5 rounds. Take as little rest between rounds.
For more workout ideas designed to help you get fitter and stronger, check out our free workouts.
If you're unsure to perform any of the exercises, don't be afraid to ask help from a personal trainer.