Your Safety and Security
We're always looking out for you when you’re inside our gyms, night and day.
With 24/7 CCTV monitoring and emergency help points located throughout our gyms, there’s always help at hand should you ever need it. We have automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and first aid kits in all of our gyms for emergency assistance, and most gyms provide disabled access and inductions that introduce you to your new gym so you can use it safely and confidently. You'll find some key features below:
Secure pin entry with our pods
To make sure that you're safe inside our gyms, night and day, every member is given a unique PIN number that needs to be used to gain access through our entry pods each time they visit (or use contactless entry via our app!), so we know who is in our gyms at all times. Our pods are big, but they aren't scary, we promise!
24/7 CCTV monitoring
We have CCTV cameras throughout our gyms and our 24/7 CCTV team monitors our gyms night and day to ensure your safety, so you can have peace of mind working out around the clock. We also monitor PIN usage by CCTV 24/7.
Emergency help points with 2-way comms
Emergency help points are located throughout our gyms with 2-way communication so that you can speak to someone in our CCTV team to explain what type of emergency assistance you require. We're pretty sure you'll never need to use it, but it's good to know there’s always help at hand if you need it.
Disability access including lifts and ramps
Most gyms provide disability access including, lifts, ramps, toilets, and changing rooms. If you're a new member that selects the option for disabled access, you'll be contacted by your Gym Manager to arrange a meeting in the gym to discuss your needs, complete a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) and guide you through using the facilities, so you can feel comfortable and safe in your new gym.
First Aid Kit
We provide essential access to First Aid kits across all our gyms. All our staff, PTs, and cleaners are first aid qualified so they can help in a first aid emergency inside our gyms.
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
We're proud to have AEDs in all our gyms, providing emergency life-saving support for our members and the local communities they serve. These are usually installed on a wall near our entry pods and have full instructions on the box to guide someone through an emergency.
In addition, we have further safety measures in place, including:
- Staff trained to deal with emergencies
- Proactive maintenance of facilities, equipment and assets
- Safe equipment layout ensuring access and mobility around the gym
- 100% fresh air ventilation
- Correct temperature & humidity in gyms
- Music volume set to correct levels
- Free water fountains around the gym to keep members and staff hydrated
- Conducting regular general risk assessment & fire risk assessments to ensure the safety of all people in our gyms
- Benchmarking our safety records and incidents against other industries & peers to constantly improve
- Regular night audits and safety audits to identify and implement improvements
- Addressing unauthorised access into the gyms through PIN sharing or double podding
- Working with contractors (such as cleaners) to make their workplace safer