One Pot Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Looking for an easy weeknight meal that is packed with flavour? Our one pot chipotle chicken recipe is a real crowd pleaser for all the family, or if you are cooking for one it’s the perfect bulk batch meal for creating healthy meals for throughout the week. Plus, it only uses one pan, meaning less washing up. We think that’s a win, win!
This mouth-watering dish is bursting with Mexican inspired flavours, from the smoky chipotle chicken to the tangy lime zing. And let’s not forget the addition of the chunky guacamole, which adds a creamy and fresh dimension to this meal.
Whether you’re trying to lose weight, bulk up, or simply up your nutrition, this low prep dinner recipe ticks off all the boxes. Packed with 49g of protein, plenty of fibre from the beans, healthy fats from the guacamole, and heaps of vitamins from the veggies, each portion comes in at just over 600 calories.
The best bit about this one pot dish? It only takes 15 minutes of prep and can then be left to simmer for the remaining 30 minutes - perfect for busy weeknights when you still want homemade, wholesome food, but without the fuss.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 400g chicken breast, diced
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 red onions, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 400g tin of kidney beans, drained
- 200g tin of sweetcorn, drained
- 2 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock
- 15g dark chocolate
- Low calorie oil spray
- 4 tbsp guacamole
- 4 tbsp low fat sour cream
- 2 x microwaveable bags of Mexican Rice (or alternative)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- In a deep dish pan, add a few sprays of low calorie oil spray and bring to a medium heat.
- Add the chicken to a pan and brown all over before removing and placing on a plate while you make the sauce.
- Spray more low calorie oil into the pan and then sauté your onions for 2 minutes, followed by the crushed garlic for a further minute.
- Then, add cumin, paprika and chipotle paste and gently stir for 1 minute.
- Next add your chicken back into the pan, along with the peppers, kidney beans, sweetcorn, tinned tomatoes, chicken stock and dark chocolate.
- Leave everything to simmer on a medium to low heat for 30 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice, guacamole, low fat sour cream, spring onion and a squeeze of lime.