Prawn Egg Fried Rice
Ready to whip up a nutritious dinner in less than 25 minutes? Turn simple ingredients into a quick and easy feast with our one pan Prawn Egg Fried Rice recipe.
Whether it’s a tasty side dish or as a main, egg fried rice is a staple Chinese stir fry dish. It combines light and fluffy rice with seasonings, meats, and vegetables to make it more flavourful.
To make it healthier for your heart, we’ve made a lower-fat and lower-salt version of the classic rice dish and opted for brown rice for added fibre.
Combining juicy prawns, reduced-salt soy, a chilli kick, and zingy spring onions to flavour our egg fried rice – it might be healthier, but it definitely doesn’t compromise on taste.
Not forgetting, our Prawn Egg Fried Rice is loaded with 28g of protein and is a lighter option at just 325 calories per portion - so you can enjoy this Chinese fakeaway dish any night of the week!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Suitable for freezing: no
- Chilli low calorie oil spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 200g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 250g brown rice, cooked
- 80g frozen peas
- 1 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- In a frying pan heat a few sprays of chilli low-calorie oil spray.
- Add garlic and carrot and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add prawns and cook for 4-5 minutes until they are pink, turning occasionally.
- Add rice, peas, and soy sauce and then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Push the rice to one side and add egg to the pan, scramble quickly then mix with the rice.
- Serve into bowls and top with spring onion and finely chopped red chilli.