Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Recipe
Our Creamy Chicken and Courgette Gnocchi dish ticks all the boxes. It’s a quick and simple one pan meal (hello less washing up!) and gives us major comfort food vibes with a healthier twist.
We use lighter cream cheese to cut back on fat content while still getting a delicious velvety texture and pack in heaps of hidden vegetables to the sauce for added goodness and variety.
Still not convinced this recipe needs to be added to your weekly meal prep? Packed with 42g of protein, our chicken and courgette gnocchi dish is also perfect as a post-workout meal to help with muscle repair and recovery.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 400g gnocchi
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g chicken breast, diced
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 30g sundried tomatoes, diced
- 2 low sodium chicken stock cubes
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 tbsp light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Low-calorie oil spray
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Add a couple of sprays of low-calorie oil spray to a large frying pan and bring to a medium heat.
- Add gnocchi to the pan and fry off for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add extra sprays of low-calorie oil spray when needed to stop the gnocchi from sticking. Cook until golden brown, and then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the empty pan with some low-calorie oil spray and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken and fry off until browned all over, stirring regularly for 3-4 minutes.
- Add diced courgette to the pan and fry off for 2-3 minutes until soft and the chicken is cooked completely through.
- Pour in chopped tomatoes and crumble in the stock cubes, simmer for 1 minute.
- Add a 1-2 tbsp of water, sundried tomatoes, baby spinach and cream cheese. Stir and simmer until the spinach is wilted and the sauce has thickened.
- Add gnocchi back to the pan and coat in the sauce. Then season to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle over parmesan cheese and serve.