Smash Burger Tacos Recipe
TikTok made us do it! Our Smash Burger Taco recipe is inspired by the viral foodie sensation and definitely lives up to the hype.
Combining two of our foodie favourites and topped with tasty burger sauce to make the ultimate burger with a twist.
Plus, our smash burger tacos are packed with 38g of protein, and are quick and easy to make, taking less than half an hour from prep to plate.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
How to make the smash burger tacos:
- 100g 5% lean beef mince
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 2 small wholewheat tortillas
- Low calorie oil spray
- 25g low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 20g iceberg lettuce, shredded
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- 1 gherkin, diced
How to make the burger sauce:
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- ½ tsp gherkin juice
- Mix lean beef mince, black pepper, and garlic granules together in a bowl.
- Divide mince evenly and roll into two small balls.
- Place one ball on each tortilla and press down until the meat is evenly spread. Try to get as close to the edges as possible, as the meat will shrink when cooking.
- Heat a frying pan with low-calorie oil spray and bring to a medium heat.
- Cook meat side down for 3-4 minutes then flip, top with cheese slice and fry for 1 minute, until the meat is cooked through, the tortilla is crisp, and the cheese is melted.
- Whilst cooking, mix all of the ingredients for the burger sauce in a small bowl.
- When ready to serve top smash burger taco with lettuce, onion, gherkin, and a good drizzle of burger sauce.
Top tip: If you want your cheese to melt, you can cover the pan loosely with tin foil or a lid to help it get gooey!
Why not try some of our other healthy burger recipes! Our melt-in-your-mouth Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Burger recipe is a healthier take on the classic American BBQ dish. Or our Lean Loaded Cheeseburger is packed with 45g of protein to help you reach your fitness goals.