Tandoori Chicken Skewers Recipe
Packed with protein, which is great for muscle recovery, our spiced tandoori-style chicken kebabs with homemade flatbreads are a firm favourite for gym goers.
Price per portion: £1.06
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
To make the chicken kebabs you will need:
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 4 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- Low-calorie oil spray
To make the flatbreads you will need:
- 110g self-raising flour
- 115g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp light unsalted butter
- Add diced chicken to a bowl and top with Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, paprika, garam masala, coriander, turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Leave to marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes, overnight if possible.
- Add tandoori chicken and peppers to the skewers alternatively.
- Place under a medium to high grill for 10-12 minutes, turning 3-4 times whilst grilling.
- Whilst the chicken cooks, make the flatbreads.
- Mix flour, yoghurt and salt in a bowl and bring together using your hands.
- Dividing into 4 dough balls and flatten each ball onto a floured surface to make a flatbread shape. You can use a rolling pin or your hands to do this.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to a high heat with some low-calorie oil spray and add flat bread, cooking for 2-3 minutes each side. Repeat until all flat breads are cooked.
- Brush with melted butter and season.
- Blend ingredients together for the coriander and chilli yoghurt, season to taste.
- Serve grilled chicken skewers with flatbread, lettuce, fresh coriander, and yoghurt sauce.
Top Tip: If using wooden kebab skewers soak for a minimum of 30 minutes, but overnight if possible. This stops the stick from burning during cooking.