Vegan Slow Cooker Chilli Recipe
Whether you’re trying Veganuary this year or just making more plant-based swaps to your diet, this vegan chilli con carne recipe is bound to be a winner.
We’ve made our recipe meatless by switching beef, which is the usual meat in chilli, for kidney and black beans, which are a great source of fibre and plant-protein. We’ve also added sweet potato and heaps of vegetables, so it is packed with all important vitamins and minerals too.
Not only does our latest healthy vegan recipe taste incredible, but it’s super simple to make, with no fussy preparation needed. All you need to do is throw everything into the slow cooker and leave it to do its thing for 4 to 5 hours.
Slow cooker meals are perfect for feeding all the family, or ideal for easy but nutritious meal prep. Our vegan chilli makes 8 servings, which can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days or can also be frozen in Tupperware boxes.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 400g tin of black beans
- 400g tin of kidney beans
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 500ml water
- 2 tbsp hot paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried coriander
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 3 tsp hot chilli powder
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and mix well, before seasoning with pepper.
- Depending on your preference, cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- We recommend serving with rice or steamed green vegetables and top with a dollop of vegan crème fraiche or vegan yoghurt, fresh coriander, and spring onions with a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen in freezer safe tupperware containers.
Want to try more healthy vegan recipes? Give our vegan cauliflower tacos a try or our sesame tofu buddha bowl.