PureGym Birmingham Maypole contains a fantastic range of state of the art equipment set out over 2 floors, free gym classes and a friendly and helpful fitness team.
Located at Sainsbury's Maypole, you can come in and work out at a time to suit you as we're open 24/7, plus all of our memberships are contract-free, so you're free to stop at any time. We look forward to helping you get fit and feel great at PureGym Birmingham Maypole.
View our 9 gyms in Birmingham: Gyms in Birmingham
Inside the gym
Kit & facilities
Improve your endurance and stamina with our fantastic range of cardio equipment from treadmills and rowers to spin bikes and more!
Increase strength and build muscle mass in our large free weights area packed with high quality dumbbells, weights benches and squat racks.
Get strong and toned with our excellent range of fixed weights machines, including the leg press, lat-pull down, chest press, and much more.
All changing rooms have lockers, showers, hairdryers and plug sockets for your own appliances – and everything’s deep cleaned every day.
Work out in a group at our free fitness classes! We have over 50 free classes available every week, from fat-burning indoor cycling and circuits to legs bums and tums.
Improve your flexibility or challenge yourself to a bodyweight workout in our spacious multi-functional area.
- Lisa Petford Gym Manager
- Richard Maxwell Assistant Gym Manager
So why join?
- Free parking
- No contract
- Over 220 pieces of state-of-the-art equipment, in a clean, comfortable, safe, friendly and spacious setting
- Over 50 FREE classes a week
- Sports massage chairs available
- Open 24/7 - work out when you want
- Dumbbells up to 50KG
- Free Wi-Fi
- Over 2 Floors
- Olympic weightlifting platform
- NEW plate loaded kit
- Fully air conditioned for your comfort
- Changing rooms with showers and lockers
- Free initial exercise induction
- Fantastic offers and discounts available to print out from our members area
- Personal trainers available
Huge range of gym kit
No matter what your fitness goal is, we've got the best kit to help you kick start your healthier lifestyle. From cardio and fixed resistance to free weights and functional, there's something for all ages and abilities.
Fancy a sports massage at PureGym?
We now have state-of-the-art sports massage chairs in our gym which use heated water to apply constant pressure, at a level you want on the whole body or where you need it most. Reduce your recovery time and any muscle tension you have so you can train and relax like pro. To enjoy our sports massage chairs, you can either pay £6 extra a month or upgrade to Extra membership for just £6 extra a month and enjoy the chairs and additional benefits, such as booking classes 14 days early, bringing a friend for FREE up to 4 times a month, multi-gym access and more!
Free gym classes
Our members can choose from over 50 free gym classes each week designed to help you tone muscle, burn fat, and stay motivated by working out in a group environment with like-minded people.
No contracts, no problem
We know you don't want to sign up for a lengthy contract. That's why we prefer to let you keep control of your fitness journey with a range of contract-free options where you'll pay just one month at a time.
To pledge your future fitness to PureGym Birmingham Maypole click here to become our newest member. It only takes a few minutes, then you’ll receive your unique PIN so you can access the club and start working out.
How to find us
- Catch the 50 from Bournville, Cotteridge, Stirchley, Mosely & Kings Heath
- Catch the 49 from Shirley
- Located 2 miles from Shirley train station
- Located 2 miles from Wythall train station
- Located 2.5 miles from Yardley Wood train station
- Located 2.5 miles from Kings Norton train station