Work out in fantastic surroundings at our great-value gym in the centre of Birmingham where everyone and every body is welcome. Everything you need to hit your fitness targets is here, including hundreds of top-quality pieces of equipment, 24-hour access and over 70 free fitness classes every week, including Les Mills classes, to get your body moving in the right direction. We not only have a large free weights and cardio area but we also have a spacious functional area with a rig and an enclosed cycle studio so you can improve all areas of your fitness.
Improve your endurance and stamina with our fantastic range of cardio equipment from treadmills and rowers to spin bikes and more!
Increase strength and build muscle mass in our large free weights area packed with high quality dumbbells, weights benches and squat racks.
Get strong and toned with our excellent range of fixed weights machines, including the leg press, lat-pull down, chest press, and much more.
All changing rooms have lockers, showers, hairdryers and plug sockets for your own appliances – and everything’s deep cleaned every day.
Work out in a group at our free fitness classes! We have over 50 free classes available every week, from fat-burning indoor cycling and circuits to legs bums and tums.
Improve your flexibility or challenge yourself to a bodyweight workout in our spacious multi-functional area.
Pav Kaur RangiGym Manager
Hannah BarleyAssistant Gym Manager
So why join?
Over 220 pieces of state-of-the-art equipment, in a clean, comfortable, safe, friendly and spacious setting
Over 60 FREE classes a week
Open 24/7 - work out when you want
Dumbbells up to 50KG
Olympic weightlifting platform
NEW plate loaded kit
Fully air conditioned for your comfort
Changing rooms with showers and lockers
Free initial exercise induction
Fantastic offers and discounts available to print out from our members area
Personal trainers available
A dedicated members area on our website with online training and nutrition guides
Work out 24/7 in Birmingham
We know what busy bees you are so PureGym has made sure you can get your exercise buzz round the clock. Our doors are open 24 hours and you’ll always be in safe hands, too, because our gym is remotely monitored for your peace of mind.
Cool kit to make you fit
Don’t think because we’re a cheap gym you’ll be sold short, because you’ll be blown away by the amount of equipment we have. There are more than 220 pieces of top-quality kit in all of our 200+ clubs, so whether you love taking a ride on indoor cycles or enjoy a classic cardio work-out on cross trainers, treadmills, steppers and rowers, we have something to suit your needs. Check out our brilliant multi-functional area which contains a rig, plyometric boxes and battle ropes for the ultimate workout. There’s so much more inside our gym and you can see it by clicking on the ‘What’s Inside’ tab. We’ve got all the gear and loads of ideas to help you reach your fitness goals!
PureGym is top of the class
For those of you love exercising with a gym buddy or in the company of others we have more than 70 free fitness classes available every week in our large studio that is enclosed from the gym. Burn off those calories in circuits, boot camp and step, or rid your body of the stresses of the day in our yoga and pilates classes, all conducted by qualified instructors. Check out our timetable to find something to suit you, including Les Mills Body Attack classes to help build strength and stamina.
No need to worry about being stuck with a long-term deal which you no longer want, because at PureGym we have no-contract memberships, so you are free to come and go as you please without paying a penalty.
Joining PureGym is easy
Become a member online by clicking ‘Join Now’ and get your new healthy lifestyle off to a flying start by booking a free induction with a member of staff who will show you the ropes and give you advice on the best form of exercise to suit your ability. You can always book a day pass online to test us out first if you prefer. We think you’ll be impressed! Once you’re a member you are entitled to special offers and discounts from great brands and local businesses in the members’ area of the website.
Rated 3 out of
It's ok I guessI have an off-peak membership at this gym as I use it when visiting my family here in Birmingham. Back in Coventry, I use JD gyms which is phenomenal, and comparing these 2 gyms made me realise a lot of things that need work.
2) 24/7 (I have the off-peak membership, but that's a perk for some I guess!)
3) They FINALLY fixed the issue where the downstairs stank like the men's bathroom. There was some fan that had been pumping out air that smelt like urine, so you can actually use that area now.
4) Also, thankfully the music battles have now finished as well, so you don't have to listen to the gym's music, the classes' music and the personal trainers' music all blaring out at 120% over the top of each other.
5) Decent cleanliness. Some of the equipment feels a bit dirty, and there are often sweat patches left by people who've used it before, but it's a gym so you're gonna have a shower afterwards anyway. (Maybe a paper towel or alcohol wipe dispenser on the wall would be nice, that way you could wipe off someone's sweat patch before using equipment if they don't themselves. I usually have to use my knee to do it).
1) Limited amount of weight-lifting equipment. Would really like to see fixed barbells that go above 20kg.
2) Not enough decline benches for decline bench press - only 1 in gym, and it's usually being used for core exercises
3) The classes often take equipment from the main floor, so that you're stuck without the set-weight barbells or the lighter dumbbells because they're all in use in the class area.
4) Very slow to fix problems. There is an area (the prowler) that has been barriered off for months due to a water leak. There are signs saying "forgive our -temporary- appearance etc etc" but apparently temporary means months on end without any change. (Though I think this is because there is potentially some argument between the gym and the water pipe company over who is responsible and has to pay, hence the grinding standstill in any change to said area). A pro of this is that the classes that used to use the prowler and climbing frame area (whilst pumping out super loud music) aren't on, so the frame is always free. (Note that they have offered to allow people to use the other gyms whilst this is being done up - this isn't my issue, it's the fact that they take SO LONG to fix anything).
You get what you pay for - cheap gym, it's not going to be 100% perfect. Lacking in areas but it does the job.
Date published: 2018-10-28
Rated 2 out of
Fitness Freak from
Great location, not so great equipmentI’ve been a member of pure gym for 3-4 years now and I have used varied gyms depending on accessibility. This particular gym is lacking in working equipment over 10 machines are out of use upstairs and have been this way for over a month I know this is a low cost membership but this is rediculous. Also there are Limited free weights upstairs and chewing gum stuck in drink holders!
Date published: 2018-03-29
Rated 3 out of
Use between 1am -4amI've been using the gym a number of years now. I work late nights so often visit the gym in the early hours. The main changing room is closed between 10pm and 5am, which I understand is for deep cleaning. The only facilities available for changing and showering is the one disabled toilet and one disabled shower room. They're often, but not always in an awful state. No loo roll, wet floors. No where to sit, no coat hook in the toilet room. I'd these rooms are the sole facilities for use between 10pm-5am they have to be improved for use as general changing and shower rooms as well as their normal function of being facilities for disabled users of the gym. I often use the treadmills and as others have commented, they're often filthy.
Date published: 2018-02-05
Rated 1 out of
Fed up from
Pure FilthOver and over again I’ve asked your team why they don’t even ask people to use towels and having sat in someone else’s sweat yet again tonight I’ve decided to see one last time if anybody cares. Why don’t you ask people who clearly are working out in shorts and vests where their towel is? Just ask!!
Date published: 2018-01-23
Rated 4 out of
GoodI have been coming to the Gym for a year or so, the equipment and weights are of adequate quality. I find sometime the treadmill's are very dirty particularly the at the top - not an ideal place to put my towel or phone etc. and I use the gym at 6:30 am so should expect it to be cleaned. Also can there be some rule about people using weight machines - who take 15 minute breaks in middle to text or facebook on the phone or will take a stroll to chat with their friend. As I have come across this - tried to use a machine which was empty for 10 minutes with only a towel hanging as I went to use it , the guy about 10 feet away who was taking to some one for more than 10 minutes says I'm using it.
Date published: 2017-12-29
Rated 4 out of
Perfect for meMy training focus is lifting weights and with the extremely large area of free weights and huge variety of diffierent fixed machines, it’s got everything I need and more. Unlike other gyms I’m constantly looking for the missing dumbbells etc but the PTs are always on it making sure equipment is put back.
Date published: 2017-12-24
Rated 4 out of
Great gymI've been a pure gym for a few years and it's a great gym, value for money, lots of equipment and classes available. I have multi access membership and it's perfect for me. The lockers / showers are the only slight cause of frustration
Date published: 2017-12-23
Rated 4 out of
Good Gym with scope of improvement for customersOverall the gym is pretty top-notch. I have no complaints with the facilities provided to the customer. Few suggestion regarding the kit/machines would be - 1) Benches don't go beyond 180 degree (can't do decline bench press/ decline dumbell press). People would move the declined/sit-up bench and use it for chest exercises. Get some of the benches. 2) Shortage of clamp collar clips. 3) Gym lockers can be replaced with the pound locker system - i.e. you have to insert a pound to access the locker and once you're done, take the pound back.