If you’ve been thinking about changing your health habits you have hit the jackpot because our great-value gym in Southgate ticks all the boxes. Our no-contract memberships give you access to the latest gym kit and 50+ free classes a week to keep you motivated. Plus, we're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week meaning you can work out whenever you want.
Improve your endurance and stamina with our fantastic range of cardio equipment from treadmills and rowers to spin bikes and more!
Increase strength and build muscle mass in our large free weights area packed with high quality dumbbells, weights benches and squat racks.
Get strong and toned with our excellent range of fixed weights machines, including the leg press, lat-pull down, chest press, and much more.
All changing rooms have lockers, showers, hairdryers and plug sockets for your own appliances – and everything’s deep cleaned every day.
Work out in a group at our free fitness classes! We have over 50 free classes available every week, from fat-burning indoor cycling and circuits to legs bums and tums.
Improve your flexibility or challenge yourself to a bodyweight workout in our spacious multi-functional area.
Luke RogersGym Manager
Hannah BarleyAssistant Gym Manager
So why join?
Over 220 pieces of state-of-the-art equipment, in a clean, comfortable, safe, friendly and spacious setting
Over 50 FREE classes a week
Sports massage chairs available
Open 24/7 - work out when you want
Yanga water available
Dumbbells up to 50KG
NEW plate loaded kit
Fully air conditioned for your comfort
Changing rooms with showers and lockers
Free initial exercise induction
Personal trainers available
A dedicated members area on our website with online training and nutrition guides
LOW-COST GYM MEMBERSHIP IN NORTH LONDON
Not only are we a cheap gym but we have packed our club with hundreds of pieces of the latest kit and lots of free fitness classes every week. No need to worry about long-term contracts because we don’t have them. That’s right, PureGym membership is contract-free, so that you can focus on your fitness and not worry about your finances.
LOTS OF QUALITY KIT TO MAKE YOU FIT
The old LA fitness gym on Winchmore Hill Road has been converted to allow more apparatus into the club to help with your fitness mission. The days of queuing are over because PureGym has installed more than 220 pieces of top-quality equipment throughout the club. We’ve got masses of brilliant indoor cycles which come equipped with computerised monitors to keep you posted on your progress - just like on our cross trainers, treadmills, steppers and rowers. And we’ve also got an extensive free weights area too. You may not know it but weights are great for burning calories long after you’ve left the gym!
TOP-CLASS FITNESS IN SOUTHGATE
Everyone and every body is welcome at our gym but if you need someone to keep your motivation in check we have just the thing - more than 50 free fitness classes available every week, all supervised by a team member to keep your body in the fast lane. We’ve got a wide variety of classes ranging from intense fat burn, circuits and cycling to yoga and stretch. If you’ve got feet which love moving to great tunes then check out our popular zumba or dance classes. And for the adventurous amongst you, try combat or bokwa. You’ll never know until you give it a go!
NO CONTRACT AT PUREGYM
You won’t need to worry about contracts with PureGym because we don’t have them, so you are free to come and go whenever you please! You’ll pay just a monthly membership which you are free to cancel at any time without paying a penalty.
FANCY A SPORTS WATER OR HYDRO MASSAGE?
For just £7 extra a month you can have access to 500ml of sports water and a free massage on every visit. The hydro massage chairs are the next best thing to a professional massage, using hot water to apply constant pressure to where you need it most. This is great for both pre and post workout. While you workout you can also enjoy a chilled sugar-free sports water containing essential vitamins. These amenities are sure to help you make the most out of your workouts, so why not upgrade now!
JOIN PUREGYM ONLINE
If you like what you’ve been reading then joining PureGym is really easy because it’s all done online. Simply click on the ‘Join Now’ link on the front page, fill out your details and once we’ve sent you a unique PIN number you can book a free induction and get a tour from a staff member who will show you the ropes. Want to put us to the test? You can always book a day pass and check it all out for yourself. You will also benefit from special offers and discounts from top brands and local businesses in the members’ area of the website.
How to find us
You’ll find the club next to Marks and Spencers and Sushi Bento – perfect if you fancy a spot of shopping or a bite to eat after your workout!
Street parking is available (Mon - Sat 8am - 6.30pm is £1.20 an hour and free all other times.)
The nearest bus stop is the St Thomas Road stop, which is a minutes’ walk away on Winchmere Hill Road. There’s a regular service from numbers 125, 616 and 699. Southgate train/tube station is a two-minute walk away.
Rated 5 out of
Solid gymTrain here regularly. Great gym, great facilities
Three complaints however.
1) please get a proper machine for training the calf muscle, the current one is terrible!
2) People have ruined a corner doing T-Bar rows (Which is stupid), it'd make sense to repair that and get a proper T-bar floor attachment.
3) The squat racks need mirrors, as currently if you want to use a mirror you have to put the bar back with limit view.
Date published: 2018-10-05
Rated 1 out of
A month later still sticky equipmentA month ago on the review replies Puregym stated:
"I have spoken with our staff in club, and they have assured me that going forward they will ensure that they are closely monitoring the use of towels, to encourage all members to carry them with them, and wipe down the equipment after use. ...As we are not based in the gym I have forwarded all your thoughts directly to the Gym Manager to look into and consider.."
Just an update; nothing has happened. The equipment is still sticky which towels can't wipe. You need some sort of spray to get rid of the stains on them. The equipment really need a clean and there are no staff around to speak to despite saying this and leaving them feedback. Can you speak with the Southgate branch again?
Date published: 2018-08-11
Rated 1 out of
Sweaty equipment, very hot, loud musicI've been to this gym over the course of a couple of years so I think these views are consistent with what i've seen.
1) Puregym staff replies 'we expect members to bring towels' but *nobody does*. Maybe 3 in every 20. One y sit on one but they lean their sweaty body's against the equipment which of course, isn't wiped. Even if they then wipe the equipment, it's full of their smelly dirty towels. The solution: Provide paper towels and antibacterial spray like every other gym. You can't expect gym members to do a cleaners job. I'm not the first review saying this - so many others do but due to the inability to tackle this and excuses from staff, it's still an issue. Come on Pure, what's your excuse? Don't say 'we're low cost' because a standard level of cleanliness is needed and don't' say 'we expect towels' as I addressed that above.
2) The music is so loud I can't even plug in my own earphones and listen to music
3) You know that fresh air con cool feeling when you walk into M&S on a hot summers day? Nope. They turn the air con on low in the weights section but upstairs and in the entrance it's a hot sweatbox. This impacts point number 1.
Date published: 2018-07-15
Rated 2 out of
Cheap, convenient, Dirty and too smallBeen using this gym for a few months now and I can say that it is conveniently located and easily accessible. However there are quite a few things that are not so good:
1. The place is over-crowded for the size, for example at this moment there are nearly 153 people in the gym as per the online dashboard. There is a queue for literally all equipment's. Even the passage and corridors are occupied by users during peak hours
2. The equipment are left sweaty as there are no paper wipes available - fair enough it is cheap that's why!
3. The hot water in the shower cubicles do not work. I did tell them a few times already but it does seem to be fixed yet - I stopped using it.
4. The toilets in the men changing room are not for faint hearted.
5. Finally, too many personal trainers in there. Due to space constraints they train people in the corridor space. I am sorry but sometimes they wander around like they don't know what they re supposed to do!!!!
Date published: 2018-02-27
Rated 2 out of
You get what you pay for...I think the only thing that is good about this gym is that it's cheap.
- I don't mind it being small and having to wait for machines and equipment but the 'weights section' area downstairs seems to only cater for the aspiring Arnies out there as the dumbells start at 14kg. If you want anything smaller (which i often do and I train regularly) then you have to walk up to the ground floor and drag the equipment over yourself. This may be the result of a lack of space, but personally I think that should have a rack of lighter weights.
- the gym has very few windows and the windows they have don't open. At first a felt like I was doing my cardio session in a poorly lit, airless hamster cage. I definitely think the building needs more light and air.
- And I agree with the person who wrote the review about the kids who have seemed to have invaded the gym. I have no problem with young people using gyms, as a Physio I think this is brilliant. But when they use it as a social club and mock other people using the gym - this is a problem. I think this is the result of the chip and pin system - which isn't regulated and anyone can get hold of a pin and access the gym. My bet would be if this gym had a proper, secure membership system then the gym would be more of a gym and less of a rowdy youth club.
- finally the clock in system is poor. There are 2 matrix syle pods to access the gym, and anyone can get in and out of them at any time. It's not regulated at all. So before you enter/exit the building you have to look, awkwardly through the glass pod to see if someone is entering their pin. Why don't you just have one pod of exiting and one for entering? Or if this may cause a back log have 2 for exiting and 2 for entering? It just seems like a very inefficient system.
Overall, if you want a cheap membership this is your gym but be prepared for poorly organised cramped space, waiting for machines and lots of rowdy teenagers who have very little interest in quiet, focused exercise.
Date published: 2018-02-24
Rated 2 out of
Not greatToo small, not enough equipment and machines always taken compared to other pure gyms I've been to. I do go to the Southgate one at around half 6 in the evening but it's the only time I can go. It gets so packed you can't use a treadmill, you can't get a spot to do free weights because there is either no space or no weights available. After the new years now it's full of kids that come in big groups, mess about with the equipment, they disturb and laugh at other people..example I heard them call some people fat, they were laughing at me for doing hip thrusts and staring at a girl bum while doing donkey kicks. They have little play fights while people are trying to exercise. I'm in the gym 3-4x a week and they're always there , never seen them do serious stuff.. it's cramped as it is , I think people that aren't serious should be asked to leave and they look about 14 so I think there should be an age limit maybe?
Date published: 2018-02-19
Rated 4 out of
CHANGE SPIN CLASS MUSIC!Been attending the gym on and off for a while.
Mainly attended the classes.
I have now decided to attend the spinning classes and feel the music is the same EVERY SESSION.
It gets boring after a while and I know what to expect.
This is the same for most of the trainers that instruct spin.
Please change the music guys..
Date published: 2018-01-13
Rated 5 out of
Great gym, easy access with helpful peopleI really like Puregym because they have location everywhere, the staff is always happy to help and all the machines are good quality. Finally the choice of classes and time is really good.