Super Green Chicken Pesto Pasta
Getting more greens in your diet never tasted so good! This creamy super green chicken pesto pasta tastes incredible, and is packed with kale, broccoli, and peas for those all-important vitamins and minerals.
This is a perfect weeknight winner to feed even the fussiest mouths a nourishing dinner – all in less than 20 minutes.
Plus the leftovers taste great too, so you can make double quantities and whack the rest in a tupperware for lunch the next day, saving you even more time.
For an extra hit of protein, why not double up on your chicken? Or if you’re vegetarian switch out the chicken for a meat alternative like Quorn or tofu. The combinations are endless.
- 100g chicken breast, diced
- 50g frozen broccoli
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g kale
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 75g spaghetti
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp low fat crème fraiche
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil
- Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions in a pan of lightly salted boiling water.
- When pasta is cooked, drain the spaghetti reserving ½ cup of the starchy pasta water.
- In a frying pan, add a few sprays of low-calorie oil spray, chicken, salt and pepper and cooked for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the broccoli, peas and kale in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Be careful not to overcook the veggies they should still be vibrant green with a slight bite.
- Add broccoli, peas, kale and pesto to a blender and pulse until a paste is formed.
- Heat the veg and pesto mix in a frying pan with some of the starchy pasta water to make a sauce.
- Reduce heat and stir through crème fraiche.
- Add cherry tomatoes, spaghetti and chicken and evenly coat in the creamy pesto sauce.
- Top with fresh basil and some freshly ground black pepper to taste.
For more healthy recipe ideas, check out the recipe section of our blog which is packed full of nutritious and most importantly tasty meals to help you reach your goals!