What is Cycle?
Get ready to burn calories and boost your fitness level in this high intensity class, which is sometimes referred to as 'spinning' or 'spin'. Motivating music will provide the soundtrack as you cycle your way through multiple terrains designed to improve cardio endurance, lose weight and strengthen your legs and core. And because you control the resistance and speed, your fitness is in your hands. When it comes to group exercise classes, this one is as easy as riding a bike.
What you need to know
This class soon gets hot so wear breathable, non-restrictive clothes and supportive trainers. Also bring a towel to freshen up and a water bottle to replace lost fluids. Some of you might even want to bring your own Cycle shoes, the SPD cleats will clip you in for a more effective ride!
- Book early to avoid disappointment - Cycle is a popular class!
- Arrive early to choose your bike and adjust saddle height and straps to suit you
- If you need to, take a breather at any point during the class and work at your own pace
- Remember, it's not a race so pedal at your own pace and don't worry about anyone else
- Don't grip the handles too tight - save your energy for where it counts!
From weight loss and improved cardio fitness to toned legs and abs, it's no wonder this low impact workout is one of our most popular classes. The instructor leads you through the interval sessions but you control the speed and resistance, so you're in the driver's seat throughout - or should that be rider's seat!
Cycle is great if you want to burn fat, get fitter and build some strength. You will be on a stationary bike and will be taken on the ride of your life by the music and us. Up hills, sprints, challenging intervals with inspirational coaching. This class is open to all levels of fitness as you're in control of your bike.Kelly Hopkins
Assistant Gym Manager at PureGym Manchester Urban Exchange