Baked Banana and Dark Chocolate Porridge Recipe
A bowl of porridge is a classic breakfast, thanks to its high fibre, vitamin, and mineral content which help to energise your day and keep you fuelled until lunch time.
Our baked banana and dark chocolate porridge recipe is a step up from your ordinary bowl of oats, both in flavour and nutrition. We’ve baked the oats with banana and chocolate for a nutritious and delicious combination. Bananas are high in fibre and potassium, an essential mineral that aids heart health, while dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants. We’ve then topped with Greek yoghurt and honey for a dessert like finish that’s higher in protein than your standard bowl of oats.
This baked banana and dark chocolate porridge is quick and easy to make, taking just 5 minutes to prepare before it can be left to bake away in the oven for 25 minutes.
It even makes for a convenient breakfast meal prep, just leave your leftovers to cool in the fridge in readiness for the next morning!
At 402 calories and 12g of protein per portion, our porridge costs just 55p per portion - that’s only £2.20 for four meal prep breakfasts or to fuel your household for the morning!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 200g oats
- 300ml semi skimmed milk
- 600ml water
- 40g dark chocolate chips
- 2 bananas, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tsp honey
- 200g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- Preheat your oven to 170c.
- Mix together the mashed banana, oats, milk, water and dark chocolate chips and pour into a baking dish before topping with the sliced banana.
- Next, pop the dish into the oven for 20-25 minutes, baking until the oats are creamy and the top is starting to crisp.
- Now spoon the porridge mixture into 4 dishes.
- Top it with a drizzle of honey and serve with Greek yoghurt.
Top tip: If you have any leftovers, leave to cool, and place into the fridge for an easy breakfast food prep.