Butternut squash, carrot and coriander soup
Cozy up with this creamy butternut squash, carrot and coriander soup recipe. It's simple, delicious and a great way to up your veg intake for the day. The carrots gives this soup a hint of sweetness but is balanced with the spices and onions, giving this soup a nice and rich flavour.
- 20 sprays of garlic low calorie spray oil
- 2 white onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 500g carrots - diced
- 1 medium butternut squash - diced
- 5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 6 tsp Greek Yoghurt
- Spray large saucepan with oil.
- Chop the onions and garlic and add to the saucepan - cook until softened.
- Dice the carrots and butternut squash and add to the saucepan, along with stock and cumin.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins until the vegetables are soft.
- Transfer the contents of the pan into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls, add coriander and stir. Then add a dollop of yogurt on top before serving.
For more healthy and easy recipes, check out our Recipe section.