Chicken and Vegetable Paella Recipe
This one-pan paella recipe is easy to follow and makes a hearty and healthy meal packed with flavour.
Watch the video to see how to make it step-by-step.
Chicken and Vegetable Paella Ingredients
- 2 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g Paella Rice
- 75g frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley to serve
Chicken and Vegetable Paella Method
- Start by prepping your ingredients. Finely dice the onion, peppers and garlic and put to one side.
- Heat a frying pan or paella pan with a few sprays of fry light and add the garlic and onion and sauté until soft.
- Then add the chicken and brown all over for around 4 minutes, this will give a nice crispy edge to the chicken.
- Then add the peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, stock cube, rice and paprika to the pan with 500ml water and bring to a simmer.
- Stir regularly for 12-15 minutes until the rice is cooked through.
- Then add the peas.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
- Box up into a couple of Tupperware boxes and refrigerate for up to 3 days for meal prep!
For more recipe and healthy meal ideas, check out our Nutrition section