Quick 30-minute circuit
- Dumbbell thrusters
- Kettlebell swings
- Renegade rows
- Alternating battle ropes
- Medicine ball slams
- Russian twists with plate
Beginners: 30 secs on. 30 seconds rest. Complete 3 rounds.
Intermediate: 45 seconds on. 15 seconds rest. Complete 4 rounds.
Advanced: 60 seconds on each exercise, back-to-back. Complete 5 rounds. Take as little rest between rounds.
Watch the video below to see the workout.
Not sure how to perform these moves? Read our step by step guide below.
Muscles targeted: whole body
- Grab a pair of dumbbells or a weighted bar and stand feet hip width apart, with toes slightly turned out.
- Rack the dumbbell or bar on your chest with elbows point upwards.
- Sit into a squat position whilst keeping your back straight, knees wide apart and your heels down.
- Drive up through your heels as if you are pushing the floor away from you, using the momentum as you come to the top of a squat to lift the weight over your head and lock your arms out. This counts as one rep.
- Return to squat position with the dumbbell or barbell racked on your forearms and explode back up, pushing the plates towards the ceiling and complete as many reps in the set time.
Muscles targeted: abs
- Holding a kettlebell in front of you with both hands, feet shoulder width apart.
- Brace your abs and push your hips back, letting the kettlebell swing back in between your legs.
- Then push your hips forward and let the kettlebell swing up to shoulder height and squeeze your bum
- Keep your back straight and abs braced throughout the whole movement. This counts as one rep.
Muscles targeted: back and arms
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and start in plank position, with the a dumbbell in each hand.
- Have feet hip with apart and brace your abs. Squeeze your back muscles to lift the dumbbell in your right hand towards the right side of your stomach, as if you're rowing.
- Pause then slowly lower the dumbbell back into plank position
- Repeat on the left side.
Alternating battle ropes
Muscles targeted: arms, core and legs
- Grab the ends of the battle rope, with one end in each hand.
- Stand about 5m away from where the battle rope is attached.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, slight bent in the knees with back straight. Lift one arm towards head height then lower this arm as your lift your other arm to make alternating waves with the ropes. Make sure to keep your back straight and core engaged the whole time.
Medicine ball slams
Muscles targeted: full body
- Grab a medicine ball. Stand with feet shoulder width apart.
- Squat down to pick the medicine ball with both hands.
- Press it overhead as high as you can while extending your hips, then slam the ball into the floor. That counts as one rep.
Muscles targeted: core
- Sit on floor or on a mat with knees bent. Hold a plate with both hands.
- Lift your heels of the ground. Brace your abs and twist your torso to the right side until your arms are parallel with the floor.
- Move back to starting position while breathing out. Then move to the opposite side by twisting your core and return to starting position.
Give this full body workout a go in your next gym session!
For more workout ideas check out our free workout videos.
Follow @marcpuregym for more workouts ideas and fitness tips
Get to know PureGym Insider Marc by reading his fitness story here.