Oven Baked Fish And Chips
Enjoy a piping hot home-cooked fish and chips with this simple recipe for less than £2.50 per serving. You don't need a deep fryer - you just need an oven, making cleaning up after your meal effortless!
While eating a fish and chip takeaway in moderation is fine, if you're looking for a healthier alternative that tastes lighter, this oven-baked version is a tasty delight.
Price per portion £2.48
- 2 cod loins
- 300g Maris piper potatoes
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 20g flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 125g frozen peas
- 25g reduced fat crème fraiche
- 1 small bunch chives
- Low Calorie Oil Spray
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 240 degrees Celsius
- Peel the potatoes, and then slice into chips. Boil in lightly salted water for 4 mins.
- Drain well, and when cool tip onto baking tray. Spray with low calorie oil spray.
- Bake for 20 mins, turn and bake for further 15 mins
- Whilst the potatoes are in the oven, dust the cod loins with flour, dip into beaten egg then roll in breadcrumbs until completed coated.
- Place the cod loins in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Cook peas in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix peas, chives and crème fraiche in a bowl and lightly mash then together.
- Serves your fish, chips and peas together for the perfect fakeaway.
Nutrition information per serving:
For more fakeaway recipe ideas click here.