Pumpkin Portein Pancakes Recipe
It's pumpkin season! And what better way to serve this seasonal ingredient with our breakfast favourite on Halloween - pancakes! We don't to tricks here, just treats! And you're in for a real treat with this recipe! It's packed with 22g protein per serving, smells and taste delicious and it's super easy to make!
Ingredients for pumpkin protein pancakes
- 20 sprays of low-calorie oil spray
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (250g)
- 2 cups vanilla protein powder (200g)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g reduced fat squirty cream
- 30g chopped walnuts
How to make pumpkin protein pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg whites until they are soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the pumpkin puree mixture.
- Spray frying pan with low-calorie oil and bring up to a medium heat.
- Add ladle sized scoops of the pancake batter to the pan. Depending on the size of your pan you may be able to fit multiple pancakes in at once.
- Flip once the bottom starts to cook and cook on the other side.
- Serve topped with reduced fat squirty cream and chopped walnuts.
For more high protein recipes click here.