Cheesey Turkey Burgers
Make these delicious burgers at home oozing with melted mozzarella in the middle - a great treat for a Friday Fakeaway! Each serving provides 56g of protein.
Cheese stuffed burger recipe ingredients
- 500g lean turkey mince
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ball low-fat mozzarella (quartered)
- Low calorie oil spray
- 4 Burger buns
- ½ Red Onion
- 10 mini Gherkins
- 1 tbsp Low fat burger sauce
How to make a cheese stuffed burger
- Start by seasoning your lean beef mince with salt and pepper.
- Split the beef mixture into 4 balls and press the mixture out into the palm of your hand, creating a flat burger shape.
- Place a chunk of mozzarella into the middle and then gently press the burger closed around it.
- Press the burger down again to make it flat and burger shaped, and then repeat for all four of the burgers.
- Pre-heat a pan and spray with low calorie oil spray.
- Fry the burgers on each side for approximately 5 minutes each – but this will be dependent on the size and thickness of your burgers so be sure to checked your burger is cooked through before removing it from the heat.
- Stack your burger up with lettuce, red onion, tomato slices, gherkins and some reduced fat burger sauce.
- 618 calories
- 56.2g protein
- 23.5g fat
- 11.6g of which saturates
- 43.9g carbohydrates
- 3.8g sugar
- 2.5g fibre
- 1.93g salt
For more quick recipe ideas like this check out our Nutrition section