Easy chicken tikka masala recipe
Who loves a good curry? Try this simple chicken tikka masala recipe for your next curry night. Packed with lots of spices, we’re sure you’re going to get a kick from this delicious meal!
Serves 8 portions
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 3 white onions
- 2 red peppers
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 150ml low fat Greek yoghurt
- chopped coriander to serve
TIKKA MASALA PASTE (6 tbsp tikka masala paste)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4tbsp tomato puree
- Large knob of fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp garam masala
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a small food processor combine all the dry ingredients to make the curry past. Start to whizz together the ingredients adding in a little olive oil or water to keep the paste moist and easy to blend.
- Roughly chop the onions, deseed and cut the peppers into chunks and cube the chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large, lidded casserole on the hob, and then add the onions and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 15-20 mins until soft and golden.
- Add the paste (recipe above) and peppers, then cook for 5 mins more.
- Add the chicken and stir well to coat in the paste.
- Cook for 2 mins. Add the tomatoes and 200ml water.
- Cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the lid, blend in the yogurt, then gently warm through. Curry is ready to be served!
452 calories per portion