Cheap & Easy Quorn Chilli Recipe
Prep this cheap and delicious quorn chilli recipe ahead to save time and money and eat healthier.
One serving works out to be just £1.06 to make. This recipe makes 6 servings in total.
- 600g Quorn Mince
- 20 sprays of fry light
- 1 medium onion
- 2 red pepper
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml tomato passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 400g can kidney beans
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large bunch of fresh coriander
- Heat a large pan and add in 20 sprays of fry light.
- Cook the onion for 5 minutes until golden brown and soft.
- Add in the garlic and chilli and stir, add in a small amount of water if it starts to stick to the pan.
- Add in the red pepper and spices and stir.
- Once this has all softened, add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato passata, tomato puree and 100ml of water and stir together. Bring this to a simmer.
- Crumble in the stock cube and leave for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in the kidney beans and Quorn mince, cook for around 8-10 minutes and season to taste.
- Once cooked stir in a bunch of chopped coriander.
- Remember you can cook Quorn form frozen too! It’s really easy.
- Divide into 6 portions, box up and freeze for up to 8 weeks! Only £1.06 per portion!